Friday 17 August 2012

Injured cyclist left lying on road after accident in Jurong



A STOMPer spotted this cyclist lying prone on the road next to his mangled bicycle at an accident scene at Jurong Central Road.

The STOMPer wrote:
"On Aug 16 at about 11pm, I was sending a passenger to Jurong via the PIE.

"I noted from a digital notice board that there was heavy traffic before Eng Neo.

"I left the highway at Bukit Timah.

"After my passengers alighted at Toh Guan, I headed on to Woodlands via Jurong Central Road where I saw this bicycle involved in accident with a white car.

"Cyclist was lying on the middle of the road with his mangled bicycle a metre away.

"I did not see any police or ambulance there yet to give assistance.

"There were many onlookers there."

"I drove on so as not to cause a build-up of traffic.

"On my way I heard from a radio announcement that there was also a serious accident on SLE near the Mandai exit. Mandai road was  closed.

"All this happened  just before midnight one day before Chong Yuen Festival. Even though I am not superstitious, it seems a little unusual to me!"


PS:
All road users should be more careful.
We are not the only users on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment